Sunday, June 3, 2007

May 2007- Bay Area Hip Hop Month In Review

I'm going down to Socal for a few days tomorrow so don't expect any updates until friday. When I come back I'll have a review of Turf Talk's new album and any other news I might miss this week.

But back to the topic...

Highlights:
Mistah F.A.B. dropped a solid album with Da Baydestrian
Federation releases an official single with "College Girl." A lot of people don't like it so I don't know if this is really a highlight
The Warriors upset Dallas for one of the biggest upsets in NBA playoff history

Lowlights:
Mistah F.A.B.'s sales (currently somewhere in the 6-8k range)
The Warriors lose to Utah

Things To Look Forward To In June:
Turf Talk- West Coast Vaccine
Bavgate- King of Oakland (I haven't heard any info on this one, but his last album wasn't too bad)
The Jacka/Ampichino album
Numskull album

No comments: