Thursday, October 4, 2007

(Review) Kafani- Money's My Motivation



1) Intro

2) Throw Ya Hood Up 4/5
Song Link:http://www.zshare.net/audio/4020390a237e7d/
Some tough talk by Kafani over a sick beat.

3) Fast (Like a Nascar) ft. Keak Da Sneak 4/5
Video Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=1CqA082Jbf8
You all should've heard this by now...especially if you live in the Bay. It's catchy and this is the song I wanna hear when I'm cutting through traffic late night on East 80.

4) Like Ooh 3.5/5
I can't get over how southern this beat sounds... it's pretty catchy... but the beat sounds like too many other songs out.

5) Thizzin (Ft. Dj Montay) 2/5
Dude on the hook doesn't sound good, alright beat, Kafani doesn't say anything that entertaining.

6) Lean In It (Ft. Erk and Samm) 4/5
Song Link: http://www.zshare.net/audio/40205618413647/
This beat SLAPS....kinda like the beat to "sideshow", it'll put your subs to work.

7) Fast (Like A Nascar)(Remix) Ft. Unk 4/5
Kafani has much better verses than on the original...Unk didn't really do much to help the song.

8) Side 2 Side 1/5
Weak song...deleted from my hard drive.

9) Cutie Pie (Ft. Samm) 3.5/5
Chick song....nice beat....I dunno how to rate these types of songs...but it doesn't sound bad for what it is.

10) What U Wanna Do (Ft. San Quinn) 2.5/5
Not Feelin the beat...Quinn can't save it either...

11) Hatin On Me (Ft. Kashmere and C. Holiday) 3.5/5
Real nice hook, the guy who spit the first verse did a good job, Kafani is just bragging on this song and it kills it

12) Show Your Wrist Then (Ft. Kashmere, Skywalka, and Pranksta The Kidd) 2.5/5
The beat is nothing special, the subject matter is weak, the lyrics are weak.

13) Everybody Knows My Name (Ft. Kashmere and Keak Da Sneak) 4.5/5
Video Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zgk2JzexgVI
This song = hyphy...it's old...but it goes.

14) Money's My Motivation 4/5
Solid song...very nice beat...Nice Hook

*Note: I think this album also comes with bonus tracks, including "hyphy ill."

If you're the type of person who values good lyrics in rap, this album might make you commit suicide. If you need an album play in your car and wake up your neighbors when you come home at 3am from the club, Money's My Motivation can do it. There are a few bangers, but most of the album is very forgettable, and with its lack of interesting subject matter, there is little replay value.

Lyrics: 2/5
Beats: 4/5
Subject Matter: 2/5

Overall: 2.75/5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of GARBAGE?

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks