Tuesday, April 8, 2008

(Review) Errelevent- Redefinition



1) In The Eye Of The Beholder (Produced By Equivalent Exchange) 4.5/5
Great opening track. Epic beat. No hook, Errelevent just spits for about 2 minutes straight.

2) You Know I Got It ft. Mr. Kee 3/5 (Produced By Cozmo)
This song is kinda forgettable.

3) Do The Do (Produced By Equivalent Exchange) 3.5/5
The beat is nice. Not really feelin the hook. Typical party lyrics.

4) Bring It Back Ft. Ya Boy (Produced By Davey D. Cohn) 4/5
Very nice beat. Sounds like something that could've been on Quinn's last solo. Decent guest spot from Ya Boy.

5) Unaffordable Dream (Produced By Cozmo) 4.5/5
Great beat from Cozmo. Clean hook. "Tryin to sip away the pain till I'm throwing up." I can dig it.

6) In The Bay (We Hustlin) Ft. San Quinn (Produced By Equivalent Exchange) 4/5
Feelin the beat more than anything else on this one. Quinn came pretty clean.

7) My Way (Produced By Equivalent Exchange) 3/5
This one doesn't really do it for me.

8) The Formula Ft. Termanology (Produced By Equivalent Exchange) 4.5/5
I'm feelin the concept of this song. The beat has me nodding my head. Clean hook.

9) I Believe It (Remix) Ft. Keak Da Sneak & Guce (Produced By Davey D. Cohn) 5/5
I think this would make a great radio single. Great party beat and a nice simple hook. Perfect for the club.

10) I Can't Wait Ft. Selau (Produced By Equivalent Exchange & Beats By Vega) 2/5
Cupcake shit. It's not bad...just not for me.

11) Put It In The Air (Produced By Rob Lo) 5/5
Weed song. I'm hella feelin this one. Best Rob Lo beat I've heard in a minute...sounds like something some East Coast legends would love to spit over. Lyrics are nice too.

12) Lean Ft. Kaz Kyzah (Produced By Traxamillion) 3.5/5
Not the greatest Traxamillion beat I've heard. I'm surprised more people don't go to Kaz Kyzah for hooks.

13) Gone Ft. IVAN (Produced By Equivalent Exchange) 4/5
The beat sounds like something from Jacka & Ampichino's "Devil's Rejectz" album. That would be a good thing.

14) Sittin' Sippin' (Produced By Equivalent Exchange) 5/5
This might be my favorite song on the album. Alcoholics anthem. The beat is perfect.

15) Lady Temptation Ft. 10sion Santana (Produced By Davey D. Cohn) 3.5/5
I feel like I've heard this beat before...maybe from Talib Kweli?? Maybe not.

16) Temperature Rise (Produced By Equivalent Exchange) 5/5
I could probably listen to this instrumental for an hour straight.

17) Roll With The Punches (Produced By Cozmo) 4/5
I'm feelin the lyrics on this one.


I didn't know what to expect from this album because I had never even heard of Errelevent until I saw a couple of songs posted on websites. The only reason I even checked out those songs were because of the guests featured, but they ended up being clean. Once I saw that Rob Lo, Cozmo, and Traxamillion had beats on this album I had to check it out. Surprisingly, some of the best beats came from a producer I had never heard of who goes by the name Equivalent Exchange. I do feel that Errelevent was sort of out shined by the great production on the album. His flows are nice, but he doesn't have enough memorable lines. The good thing is that he doesn't spit the same repetitive lyrics that we hear from many other rappers. He hits a good variety of topics and doesn't sound fake. This is the best Bay Area album to drop in 2008 so far.

Lyrics: 3.5/5
Beats: 5/5
Concepts: 4/5
Overall: 4.25/5

You can buy this album HERE. It's currently under $10, well worth the money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank u 4 the review, i just heard errelevant's new remix and was thinking of purchasing his album, this convinced me!