Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spice 1 Interview From Dubcnn (Part 2)

In this segment of the interview, Spice 1 switches the focus to his music. He speaks on the current state of the game and where he fits in it. He also gives some information about his next album, "Home Street Home", due out in June or July.

I thought this was interesting...

"Dubcnn: So what are your plans now, musically? What can the fans expect from you?
Well as far as my music, Ima keep pushing that shit, I got some nice songs. But you know I've never been a follower, or a trendy type of muthafucka, I ain't trendy at all. I just like being me and spitting some real shit, doing what I like to do. Everybody's like "Oh you should come with that down south sound, that's what's selling right now, that's what's blowing up!" I don't give a fuck what they sound like, I'ma do what I do, I don't give a fuck if it sells or not. I'ma do me, I'ma put out some gangsta ass music, some hardcore shit, maybe a few songs on there for the bitches, but there finna be some songs on there for the niggas, and I ain't gonna talk about how much jewellry I got, or how many cars, or how big my fuckin' mansion is.

I'ma talk about some real gangsta shit, real shit that niggas go through everyday in life, and don't have no 20-30,000 worth of jewellry on or a 60,000 dollar car and the big houses and all of that shit that these niggas is out here rapping about. I'm a real gangsta, I don't sit up there and rap about no shit that the next muthafucka ain't gonna have! That's just some phony shit to me. And I can't dance, all I do is boogie. So I don't be rapping all that down south shit, or that east coast shit, or west coast, I don't do all that, I do good music. I do shit that the crowd gonna cater to or that's gonna entertain my audience."
Check out the entire Part 2 of the interview HERE




No comments: